I am suddenly getting some traffic (from my comment on Judith Warner’s Schadenfreude?). I do have a more timely post-in-progress, but it’s sleepy-time here in San Francisco, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. So may I point you a few of my favorite posts? They are about the adventures and love of the Ukrainian and I. (Scroll down more to see our efforts at a Green Card and a baby.) Leave a comment if you like!
- Edward Hopper visits our flat
- Defining our ethics
- The road to nowhere
- On our first anniversary, I finally learn to trust my husband
As for tonight’s debate, the Ukrainian couldn’t watch it as he had class tonight. So I watched/listened while making my Martha Stewart’s extremely delicious homemade vanilla pudding (yeah, yeah, I jazz it up with purest of organic ingredients, extra bourbon vanilla, and evaporated cane juice as opposed to sugar).
- Palin reminded me of how I did in high school debate — though I know there are plenty high school seniors out there who could argue with more substance than she did.
- I was completely wow-ed and impressed by Biden. I have long been an Obama fan and am very ok with my decision, but I really wish I had paid more attention to Biden during the primaries.
- Palin offended Biden by thinking she’s special for being a mother and can therefor relate more to the struggles of families. My heart reached out to Biden when he started to well up with tears. i want to send Palin packing back to Alaska now more so than ever.